Accidents happen on the road all the time, and when they do, they can have devastating effects on your life, both physically and financially. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a pedestrian, car, or truck accident, it is essential to understand your rights and know what to do in the aftermath of a crash. You need an experienced legal team to help secure your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Pathway Law Firm is here to help you navigate the legal complexities that arise from these types of incidents and ensure you get the recovery you deserve for your losses. With a team of dedicated attorneys, we are devoted to providing our clients with the highest quality counsel and legal representation. Our goal is to help you get the fairness and justice that you deserve.
We understand the complexities of personal injury law and have the experience to fight for your rights. Contact us today to discuss the details of your case and learn more about how we can help.
Car, Truck, or Pedestrian Accidents Statistics
Los Angeles County is home to many busy roads, and car accidents are a common occurrence here. According to the California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, almost 200,000 people are injured every year in California from car accidents.
In addition, the California Department of Motor Vehicles reported that there were 367 trucking accident deaths in 2017. Pedestrian accidents are also a major problem in Los Angeles, with an average of 986 pedestrian deaths from accidents reported every year.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
Car and truck accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Poor road conditions
- Defective auto parts
- Negligence by another driver or vehicle manufacturer
- Unsafe weather conditions (snow, ice, fog, etc.)
Types of Damages You May Be Eligible to Receive Compensation for After Car, Truck, or Pedestrian Accident in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car, truck, or pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills: Doctor visits, hospital bills, and medication costs
- Lost wages: Pay for time off work due to the accident or recovery from an injury
- Pain and suffering: Physical and mental anguish caused by the accident
- Property damage: Repair costs for a vehicle damaged in the accident
- Lost benefits: Retirement or disability income that was lost due to an injury
- Wrongful death: Loss of financial support and loss of companionship if a loved one was killed in an accident
- A decrease in quality of life: A reduction in your ability to enjoy activities you once enjoyed due to an injury
- Mental anguish: Emotional distress resulting from the accident
To learn more about the types of damages you may be able to recover after a car, truck, or pedestrian accident in Los Angeles, contact the experienced attorneys at Pathway Law Firm today.
Statute of Limitations and What You Need to Know
The statute of limitations is the time period you have to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident. In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years. If you don’t file a claim within that two-year period, you may lose your right to seek compensation for your damages.
That’s why it’s important to act quickly and consult with a lawyer right away to ensure that your rights are secured. At Pathway Law Firm, we can help you understand the statute of limitations and make sure your claim is filed in a timely manner.
What Should You Do After a Car, Truck, or Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car, truck, or pedestrian accident in Los Angeles, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights and maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation for your losses:
- Get medical attention immediately – Even if you don’t feel injured, you should still seek medical attention. Some injuries may not be immediately obvious, and you want to document any physical or mental damage that was caused by accident.
- Contact the police – File a police report and make sure you obtain a copy for your records. This can help prove liability in the event of a dispute.
- Gather evidence – Take pictures of the accident scene and collect contact information from any witnesses who may have witnessed the accident.
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance company – Don’t sign anything or make any statements until you have consulted with an attorney.
- Contact a lawyer – An experienced car accident attorney can help you protect your rights and make sure that your case is properly handled.
What Can a Los Angeles Car, Truck, or Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Do for My Case?
While it is possible to file a claim for compensation on your own, it is in your best interest to have an experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer handle your case. An experienced attorney can:
- Advise you of your rights and options for seeking compensation.
- Help you collect evidence to prove liability.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to get you a fair settlement.
- File a lawsuit and represent your interests in court if necessary.
- Fight to get you the maximum compensation available under the law.
The experienced attorneys at Pathway Law Firm have years of experience handling car accident cases in Los Angeles. We understand the complexities involved in these types of cases and can help you get the compensation you deserve. We are here to provide guidance and support throughout the entire process, from filing your claim to negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial if needed.
Pathway Law Firm: Los Angeles Car, Truck, and Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
When it comes to car, truck, or pedestrian accidents in Los Angeles, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to ensure your rights are protected. At Pathway Law Firm, our team of experienced Los Angeles car accident attorneys has the knowledge and resources to help you build a strong case and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
We’ll take the time to understand your situation and explain all your legal options. We will work hard for you to make sure that your case is handled properly and that you receive the best outcome possible.