Walking is often considered one of the safest forms of transportation, but hazardous conditions can easily arise for pedestrians. Whether it’s poorly maintained sidewalks or careless drivers, these dangers can result in catastrophic injuries. That’s where a Bakersfield, CA Pedestrian Injury Attorney comes in. As a pedestrian injury law firm serving Bakersfield, CA, our team is dedicated to fighting for the rights of those injured while walking on public property or crossing the street.
We understand that no two injuries are alike, and we’ll take the time to get to know your unique situation. We’ll carefully review the details of your case in order to determine if a dangerous condition caused or contributed to your injury. If so, we’ll work on building a strong legal strategy for moving forward and getting you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today and let our 15+ years of local legal experience work to your advantage.
California Pedestrian Rules and Crosswalk Laws
Under Vehicle Code 21960, drivers must yield the right of way to pedestrians who are within any marked or unmarked crosswalk at an intersection. They are also required to stop and remain stopped for pedestrians until they have safely crossed the road. On the other hand, pedestrians must not leave a curb or sidewalk and enter a crosswalk if a vehicle is approaching and there is not enough time for the driver to stop safely.
Other laws regarding pedestrians include those that prohibit reckless walking, carrying or using skates or skateboards on highway sidewalks, and crossing the road in any other place than a crosswalk.
Negligence or recklessness on the part of a driver can also be determined by a range of factors, including speeding, running red lights or stop signs, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and distracted driving.
The Role of a Bakersfield, CA Pedestrian Injury Attorney in a Pedestrian Accident Case
Above are just some laws that govern pedestrian safety in California, but everyone may not fully understand them. Additionally, it can be difficult to determine whether a dangerous condition or reckless driver caused an accident and injuries.
Our roles as a pedestrian injury law firm will be to:
- Review the details of your case: Who was at fault for the accident? Was a dangerous condition responsible for your injuries, or did a reckless driver hit you? We’ll review all of the evidence to determine liability.
- Investigate further: No matter what type of injury you’ve suffered, we’ll track down any additional information that can help build a strong legal case on your behalf. This includes reviewing applicable laws and regulations, working with experts to review the accident scene, and more.
- Assist you throughout the legal process: Our team will guide you through every step from beginning to end, so you don’t have to worry about anything during this difficult time.
- Fight for the compensation you deserve: We know how much your injuries have impacted your life, and we’ll work hard to get the maximum compensation possible. Whether this includes reimbursement for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or more, we’ll fight on your behalf.
Beyond these core focus areas, our team also works closely with clients to guide them through all aspects of the legal process. From building a strong case to navigating the complexities of settlement negotiations and trial, we’ll put our years of experience and knowledge to work for you.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries That Our Lawyers Have Helped Clients With in the Past
While we have seen many injuries caused by pedestrian accidents over the years, some of the most common injuries we’ve helped clients recover compensation for include:
- Broken bones and fractures: Ranging from broken arms and legs to facial bone fractures. Often, these need immediate medical attention and can take months to recover fully.
- Head and brain injuries: Ranging from minor concussions to traumatic brain injury (TBI), which requires surgery and long-term medical care. TBIs can even be fatal in some cases, so it’s important you get the treatment you need as soon as possible.
- Back injuries: We’ve seen a range of back injuries, from spinal cord injuries to sprained backs and torn muscles in the lower and upper back. These can be very painful require physical therapy and, strong pain medication and even surgery or other invasive treatments.
- Leg Injuries: Knee injuries are among the most common leg injuries in pedestrian accidents, ranging from a simple sprain to torn ligaments, dislocated knees or fractured bones.
- Skin injuries: The impact force with a vehicle can cause scrapes and cuts all over your body, but they’re especially common on your legs and face. These can take days or weeks to heal, depending on the severity.
- Internal injuries: Including damage to your stomach or intestines, which may require surgery and extensive medical treatment to recover from.
At times, pedestrians may not suffer any physical injuries in a car accident, but they will still be affected emotionally. For example, if you’ve lost a loved one due to another driver’s negligence or recklessness, it can be difficult to get through each and every day. Our team is also prepared to investigate your case to determine whether a wrongful death claim is possible.
Helping You Recover from Your Injuries After a Pedestrian Accident in Bakersfield, CA
Pedestrian accidents are more likely than car accidents to result in injuries and fatalities. This means that you may have a lot of medical bills and time away from work. It’s important that you take action quickly by contacting an experienced Bakersfield, CA Pedestrian Injury Attorney to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We take a hands-on approach to your case, ensuring we answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have so that you can focus on what’s most important: healing. To learn more or set up a complimentary consultation, call our team at 888-414-3898 today.