Car and truck accidents can have life-altering consequences for all involved. At Pathway Law Firm, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial difficulties faced by victims of car and truck accidents in Dallas. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have successfully represented clients in the Dallas area who were injured or lost a loved one in a car or truck accident.
We are dedicated to helping our clients receive the compensation they deserve for their medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Our attorneys can also assist in ensuring that the responsible party is held accountable for their negligence and careless behavior.
At Pathway Law Firm, we understand the difficulty of this time and strive to provide personalized legal services tailored to each individual case. We’re here to help victims of car and truck accidents in Dallas recover the compensation they need to move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Should You Do After a Car or Truck Accident in Dallas?
If you or a loved one have been involved in an automobile accident, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Here are the steps you should take in the event of a car or truck accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it is important to get checked out by a medical professional right away.
- Call the police. You should always report the accident to the police and make sure that a police report is filed.
- Gather evidence. Collect any evidence that may be useful in your case, such as pictures of the accident scene, witness testimonies, and details about other involved parties.
- Contact a Dallas personal injury attorney. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can help you recover the compensation you need to move forward after an accident.
Whether you were a driver, cyclist, pedestrian, or passenger involved in a car or truck accident in Dallas, Pathway Law Firm is here to help. Let us help you build a strong legal case and get the compensation you deserve. We’re here to help victims of car and truck accidents in Dallas recover the compensation they need to move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Dallas, Tx
Dallas truck drivers need to take more care when driving. Their negligence puts other road users at risk. Below are some of the most typical ways that truckers exhibit negligence:
- Breaking the law –The Dallas traffic laws were put into place to protect all those who operate vehicles and their passengers. Truck drivers violate these traffic regulations when they go over the posted speed limits for trucks, run red lights, or do not yield the right-of-way at required times. When a large truck or tractor-trailer hits a smaller vehicle going at high speeds, it often causes catastrophic injuries or death.
- Distracted driving – Because truck drivers are required to drive for long periods without much human interaction, they may feel tempted to use their cell phones while driving, even if it is not safe. Distracted driving prevents a driver from being fully attentive to the road, which at high speeds can be dangerous.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) – In Texas, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle when your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is 0.08 percent or higher—or if you’re under the influence of drugs. Since truck drivers are on the road for long periods and away from their loved ones often, some turn to drugs or alcohol. It’s needless to say that these substances can highly affect a driver’s state of mind and reaction time while driving, which might lead to a dangerous accident.
- Cutting curves too sharply – Large trucks, also known as tractor-trailers, are vehicles that are very long. Because of this length, they typically need more space in order to turn corners or negotiate sharp turns. If a truck driver does not follow the roadway markings or underestimates the turning radius at an intersection or curve, then serious accidents can happen.
- Truck Driver Fatigue – It is not uncommon for truck drivers in Dallas to feel exhausted after driving for long periods of time. Additionally, “highway hypnosis” can occur from driving for too many hours, which may even lead to a driver falling asleep while behind the wheel. As a result, the driver could swerve into another lane or across a double line and collide with another vehicle head-on, causing injuries and property damage.
- Abrupt lane changes – Did you know that large trucks have many blind spots and limited visibility? It’s true! And when truck drivers try to change lanes too quickly—or switch lanes without using a turn signal—they can cause serious accidents and injuries.
- Failing to assess road and weather conditions – Many things can change how safe it is to drive on a stretch of road. For example, rainfall might cause skidding, and construction work often leaves the pavement grooved or lanes uneven. If truck drivers don’t pay attention to these dangers, they are much more likely to have an accident.
- Disobeying the state and federal motor carrier regulations – To keep truck drivers and other motorists safe, state and federal governments have established motor carrier guidelines regulating various aspects of tractor-trailer operation, including load size and overhang, warning lights, oversized loads, and escort vehicles. Unfortunately, when truck drivers disregard these regulations accidents can happen.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a commercial truck driver, the lawyers at Pathway Law Firm have the experience and resources to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation. We are passionately dedicated to pursuing justice for those who have been injured in truck accidents. Our team of experienced attorneys will fight hard to get you the money and closure you deserve.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Truck or Car Accident Case in Dallas?
Every car or truck accident case is different, and the damages you may be eligible to recover will depend on the circumstances surrounding your accident. Generally, though, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Reimbursement for medical bills, including past and future treatments;
- Lost wages: Money to replace income lost due to an inability to work
- Pain and suffering: Money to compensate for physical pain, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and more
- Property damage: Reimbursement for property that was damaged in the accident
- Wrongful death: Money to cover funeral expenses, medical bills, and other damages in wrongful death cases
- Loss of companionship: Money to compensate for the loss of a loved one’s emotional and physical support
The experienced Dallas car and truck accident attorneys at Pathway Law Firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your accident-related injuries. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We are ready to fight for your rights.
What Qualifies as a “Severe” Injury Case in Dallas?
A “severe” injury case is one that involves a long-term or permanent disability, such as paralysis, brain damage, or spinal cord injury. These cases can be especially difficult to navigate and require specialized knowledge of the law. This is because they involve complex issues related to medical costs, lost wages, and other damages.
At Pathway Law Firm, we have extensive experience in handling severe injury cases in Dallas. Our personal injury lawyers understand the complexities of these cases and can help you secure the compensation as well as any other forms of support you may be entitled to.
Call Our Dallas Personal Injury Attorney Today for a Free Legal Consultation and Case Evaluation
Have you or your loved one been injured in a truck or car accident in Dallas? The experienced personal injury attorneys at Pathway Law Firm are here to help. Our legal team has extensive experience in handling car and truck accident cases, as well as severe injury claims. We understand the law and can fight hard to get you the money you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluation. We are here to help you get the justice you deserve.