The impact of a car accident can last a lifetime. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a vehicle accident you may be facing chronic pain, medical bills, and difficulties getting your life back to normal. You have legal rights after a vehicle accident that could entitle you to compensation. Working with a California car accident attorney can help ensure you avoid costly mistakes and allow you to pursue compensation to help with car accident injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There is a multitude of reasons why car accidents occur. Some of the most common for California roadways include:
- Texting & Driving: Texting while driving is one of the most prevalent forms of distracted driving. When a driver is engaged in any activity that diverts their attention from the operation of their motor vehicle, the risk of being in an accident increases exponentially.
- Inclement Weather: Inclement weather, such as heavy rain and strong winds, is a frequent contributor to car accidents. These conditions cause poor visibility, hydroplaning, and loss of vehicle control.
- Drugs & Alcohol: When a driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, their reaction time decreases and they suffer from impaired ability to think and reason.
- Aggressive & Reckless Driving: Aggressive and reckless driving includes speeding, tailgating, failing to comply with traffic signals, and illegal passing of another vehicle.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: Roadways require regular maintenance or they may become eroded and riddled with potholes.
- Mechanical Defects: When a part of a motor vehicle does not properly perform its function an accident may result. Sometimes car manufacturers and service companies can be held liable for accidents.
Types of California Car Accidents
There are many types of car accidents handled by our firm, including:
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Accidents involving rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft can be particularly troublesome due to the atypical way the insurance coverage is structured.
- Auto vs. Scooter Accidents: As the presence of scooters is increasing in urban areas, so are accidents between these scooters and typical motor vehicles.
- Pedestrian Involved Accidents: Injuries received by pedestrians when they are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle tend to be catastrophic.
Contact Pathway Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Pathway Law Firm today. We understand how a car accident can turn your world upside down. Our team provides the assertive representation you need to recover the compensation you deserve. Our clients are our priority, and we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.